Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Thanks Rafa for bringing Fowler back

Enough have been said in Rafa's bringing back our favorite son. You can tell from his words and his face how happy he is. To quote a few:

"It has always been a club close to my heart. I grew up supporting the other side but ever since I came to Liverpool when I was 11, I grew very close to everyone involved with the club. You put on the red shirt again and it's just an amazing feeling and I'm glad I'm going to get that opportunity again."

"Yes. I think if you pray enough for things, well I'm proof that they can happen. I'm absolutely delighted to be back. I feel like a kid waking up on Christmas morning every day now! It's fantastic and it's something that I have wanted to happen for such a long time. I am very glad that it has come about again."

And to quote the words from Rafa and Parry:

Rafa: "I don't think I've ever seen a player quite so happy to be joining a club.”

Parry: "I had to persuade Robbie to look at the contract. I think I could have put a contract in front of him with no money on it and he'd have signed it!"

Whether he will be successful in getting a longer term contract is now completely up to him. If he play well certainly he will get one, but even if he doen't play well and get one, at least he tried.

Welcome back, Robbie, and we can't wait to see you score and hold your left waist high. Lovely.

No comments: